The day is only half over, and the following things have happened:
1. I was trapped in my garage when a stranger’s truck broke down in my driveway.
2. I met a friend for coffee and knitting.
3. We got a pool for the puppies!
4. Harper said, “I think the middle finger is the longest because it’s the most helpful.” Darwinism!
5. The dead man in our front yard was not so dead after all! Good news! (Believe me, with our house history, the odds are against us having a dead person in the front yard. Talk to my neighbor. (The cranky one.) She’ll tell you why.)
Next up? I’m going to do a few decreases on my sweater sleeve, I’m meeting a friend for a dinner that will include fig marmalade, and I’ll be returning to a house full of fresh fruits and vegetables from the co-op. (Today is making up for yesterday. We lost power for about four and a half hours yesterday, and although it wasn’t terrible, it DID prevent me from making zucchini bread. Also, the outside temperature was 100 degrees, which is 37.7 degrees Celsius. I didn’t smile very much yesterday.)
Bonus: I just ate a salad full of dried cranberries and walnuts, and I’m currently enjoying a bowl of grapes while the girls snack on Bomb Pops! Bomb Pops!
I would like this shirt.
Also, this shirt.
Happy 3rd of July.