Making a Life

March 18th, 2017 · 8 Comments · Daily

Amy Krouse Rosenthal died last Monday at the age of 51 and her death was a punch to my gut and to my head and to my heart, so I did a little bit of this:
Untitled

Ah, but then I grabbed a few of these:
Untitled

And then I made this list:
Untitled

This was one of my favorite moments of the week:
Untitled
It’s the first time both dogs napped lion and lamblike on my leg. Jeff on guitar and Chris Hayes on the television? Bonus.

This was the best sentence I read on Wednesday:
Untitled

This:
Untitled

is going to grow up to look like this:
Untitled

Graham is completely done with me dicking around and acting sad:
Untitled

He says (that) he can’t eat hummus at the new place down the road but (that) he encourages me to live out his dream, so I declared (that) yesterday had become Take Your Wife Out to Lunch Day, and Jeff was in:
Untitled

Look at these middle school kids performing James and the Giant Peach:
Untitled

Let’s all start feeling a little more like the middle school kids. Hands up and out and heads high and take a knee so we can see the people behind you. (I’ll always be behind you.) ((Figuratively.))

• 1 Lori Harlan // Mar 18, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I love you. The end.

• 2 MJ Martin // Mar 18, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Good on you girl.

• 3 Stephanie // Mar 18, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I am struggling deeply right now, and were it not for needing to raise my 3 little boys, i would be hiding in a hoodie with the drawstring pulled.
    I am knitting teacher gifts for next Christmas until I can concentrate on lace again.

• 4 Tina // Mar 18, 2017 at 11:46 pm

You are and have an amazing gift.

• 5 pharmgirl // Mar 19, 2017 at 4:11 pm

What they said.

So honey, when IS that book coming out?

• 6 ccr in MA // Mar 19, 2017 at 5:00 pm

The shawl looks gorgeous already, and what it will be, wow!

• 7 JessicaD // Mar 21, 2017 at 2:37 am

I keep a gratitude journal and try to capture daily three things I am grateful for (in bullet form) (big fan of bullet points). In-gratitude (to put it lightly) has begun to occasionally creep in and I have made my peace with it — it is life and I think there is room for it, even in a gratitude journal. It deserves documentation. However, your beautiful list of things that make you feel alive is wonderful and I think will find a home (in my own words) (bulleted, of course) on the inside covers of my journal. Thank you for that. I love your creativity and optimism. xo

• 8 April // Mar 21, 2017 at 8:48 am

You are lovely and I have always enjoyed reading your blog! I loved today’s entry. I have recently started my own “happy” list. :)

Have a lovely day!