I don’t make resolutions. I toy with plans.
When 2012 hits, I’m going to toy with the following:
1. Wear these shoes. (Okay. I ordered them last night. I plan on matching them up with skirts in the spring.)
2. Knit something or other, spin something or other, and take on more freelance projects.
3. Dance like someone’s watching.
4. Cry when Drew Barrymore cries.
5. Drink just as much water as coffee. I want two cups of coffee? Okay then, as long as it’s followed with two cups of water! Live long and prosper, kidneys.
6. Run. Or walk. Or just do something. Less time behind the computer. More time outside.
7. See what this whole Foster the People thing is all about.
8. Lose ten pounds. (I always do this in January. I have no self-control in November and December.)
9. Donate and/or toss enough stuff to help us reach the “Yes. Our house can now go on the market.” stage of moving forward.
10. Learn to say No when I want to say No instead of kicking myself for NOT saying No.
11. Choose two of the following three: Read More, Write More, Do More Math.
12. Dim Sum?
13. Go to the gym at least ten times OR bake biscotti twice.
14. Vote for whomever Matt Damon tells me to vote for. (Vote for whomever Matt Damon tells me for whom to vote.)
EDITED TO ADD: Oh! Wait. I would also like to hold a baby monkey. I have no idea how to make that happen. Does anyone out there have a baby monkey I could hold? Does Matt Damon have a baby monkey? Because: Killing two birds with one stone and all. (Figuratively.) Happy New Year to you.