2022. Some really good things happened and some really bad things happened and it all worked out in the end, which is now.
Here are some of my 2022 things.
I bought a hand, so that was cool.
I now have a sweet new cat grandson who I think looks like Will Ferrell.
I got a few fresh tattoos, and they make me really happy.
We went to New York, which was pretty amazing.
I’m learning how to weave, and that’s super fun.
I knit this great mitten and then I accidentally killed it, which was dreadful, but really? It’s just a mitten. Sure, I leaked a bunch of damnits and shits, but nobody got hurt.
I also knit this sweater and it fits just right. Does that make up for the mitten? Of course not. Apples and lawn chairs.
Alice said to buy these pants, so I did and they’re pretty great.
I also bought a dress that’s covered in middle finger giving.
I ate this pizza. It had sweet potatoes and cranberries on it, and it was so delicious. Praise Jesus for this Thanksgiving pizza.
Using carving tools and ink, I made a few Christmas cards. If you didn’t get one, don’t be sad. More people are without than with.
Some things aren’t pictured, and here are a few of those things:
1. I had to get a root canal and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.
2. I had my meds changed a bunch of times and that was worse than I thought it would be.
3. I had covid and I’m not even going to capitalize it because it was shitty and horrible and I don’t capitalize vlad the impaler, either. ivan the terrible. putin. carol channing. kellogg’s raisin bran.
4. My Instagram account was hacked and Instagram won’t give it back to me, so I lost something like 1,000 photos.
5. I think I saw a dead octopus on the side of the road a few months ago, which probably didn’t really happen but in my mind it was fantastic.
6. I started going to yoga on Sunday evenings and it’s aaaahhhhhh. We always set an intention at the beginning of class, and every week mine is: I am here. (Just kidding. It’s “I’m rockin’ with Dokken.”) ((That was a joke. It really is “I am here.” I’m trying to be more mindful, but we don’t need to talk about that because Blech.))
7. Yesterday I bent over and hit my head on a chair, I still don’t like Reba McEntire, the best book I read this year was Harlem Shuffle, my album of the year is either the latest by Death Cab for Cutie or the latest by The Beths, I saw a dietician a few weeks back and that’s a whole other thing we could maybe talk about sometime, and I chose to end this list with 7 because they stand in the way of love and we will smoke them all with an intellect and a savoir faire. No one in the whole universe will ever compare.
Happy New Year. I’ll try to be back.