We Gotta Get Out of This Place

November 26th, 2016 · 8 Comments · Daily

I received this text from Meredith while searching for a book with Harper.screen-shot-2016-11-26-at-7-27-50-pm

“Skating” from A Charlie Brown Christmas was playing at Barnes and Noble. It was preceded by¬†“Me and Charlie Brown” from the same album. Meredith knows that “Skating” is the second song on the album. She also knows that “My Little Drum” is the third.

It’s once again time for the Little Drummer Boy Challenge.

• 1 blackbird // Nov 27, 2016 at 8:57 am

That’s a high anxiety challenge but I accept it.

• 2 DLG in Mich // Nov 27, 2016 at 9:09 am

I’ve never heard of this, but I love it. I’m totally in!

• 3 Carroll McNeill // Nov 27, 2016 at 3:46 pm

OMG, that’s hilarious! I post so little on Facebook, but this is seriously tempting. I think I might incur the wrath of my holiday-music-loving daughter-in-law though. She was already humming along to “White Christmas” when I was down there visiting in early November. Gah! And I know how much you love holiday stuff too, Angie. Sorry. But, first week in November??? Please, no!

• 4 elsiroomom // Nov 27, 2016 at 6:08 pm

I try never to hear that damned red shoes song. I am allowed to change the channel within the first 3-4 notes…..I HATE that song.

• 5 blackbird // Nov 28, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I’m OUT.

• 6 kmkat // Nov 29, 2016 at 12:46 pm

The LDBC would be a slamdunk for me. I never have the radio on at home, hardly ever have it on in the car — audiobooks FTW! — and seldom find myself in a place with Muzak. Such are the delights of living in the Great Frozen North Woods.

• 7 Mr. LDBC // Nov 29, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Meredith is sharp, which is what you need to be to survive in this thing of ours. Thanks for the mention.

• 8 Pam // Dec 2, 2016 at 4:04 am

I’m out. Clicked on a friend’s clip of David Bowie and before I knew it he was singing with Bing Crosby. Who knew?