NaBloPoMo Day 2: In which I almost spill the soup.

November 2nd, 2008 · 32 Comments · Daily, Knitting, NaBloPoMo, Video! Video! Video!

NaBloPoMo Day 2: Sunday Afternoon with Fluid Pudding from Angela D. on Vimeo.

• 1 Timothy // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:00 pm

hahah, that was awesome. What software did you use to make that?

• 2 Big Dot // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:08 pm

De-lurking to say thanks for the fun and to ask about the music, please.

• 3 fluidpudding // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:11 pm

Timothy–Thanks! I used iMovie, only because it pops up every time I tell the computer that I want to make a video of myself eating something. iMovie is Mastication Friendly.

Dot–Thank YOU. The song is an untitled track from The Loud Family’s “Days For Days” album.

• 4 EvilScienceChick // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:19 pm

is that the anthropologie inspired caplet? cute!

• 5 schmutzie // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:22 pm

You are brilliant.

• 6 Lori // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:56 pm

Funny!! Looks like an excellent afternoon.

I want to know about that cute sweater! Did you make it? Please share.

• 7 Alli // Nov 2, 2008 at 7:59 pm

You are so awesome!

• 8 FP // Nov 2, 2008 at 8:06 pm

You guys are too kind.

Lori–Although I really want to say that I made the sweater, I actually purchased it at Kohl’s. (I purchased two sleeveless sweaters that day, and I’d really like to figure out patterns for both of them.)

• 9 Different Lori // Nov 2, 2008 at 8:22 pm

I was kind of hoping to run across you when I went shopping in STL today (I live in Springfield, IL) but obviously you were doing way more important things. Which is too bad because we could’ve picked out sleeveless sweaters together.

• 10 mizmell // Nov 2, 2008 at 8:26 pm

Love it! Can we look forward to more?

• 11 Hotch Potchery // Nov 2, 2008 at 8:51 pm

This isn’t a comment so much, as a question…do you do knitting work on commission? My sister has wanted a candy corn colored hat for her toddler, and she was going to take knitting lessons, but she ran out of time.

• 12 FP // Nov 2, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Different Lori–Did you get a sleeveless sweater? (I’m really into them these days.)

Mizmell–Video serves as a good filler when I’m lacking words. I think you can probably look forward to quite a few more!

Hotch Potchery–I just shot an e-mail your way!

• 13 LetterB // Nov 2, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Well I was going to say how much I loved the videos but then I got completely distracted by the sleeveless sweater thing and kind of now planning my day around getting to Kohl’s tomorrow.

• 14 Carroll // Nov 2, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Three times! Three times I’ve watched it (so far) Chuckled every time at that thing you do with your mouth when you’re opening up the teabag, and also how hard you seem to be breathing while you speed-knit that tensy tiny whatever it is.

LOVE IT!!!

• 15 Karen (miscmum) // Nov 2, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Oh, that was inspiring! What a great idea :)

• 16 All Adither // Nov 2, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Your videos are always the best.

• 17 trina // Nov 2, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Passion tea….kind of makes my life a little better

• 18 Timothy // Nov 2, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Cool! And I have a mac :) Hmm… not sure I can afford iLife just now though. Maybe I should put it on my Christmas List :)

• 19 Mandee // Nov 3, 2008 at 12:00 am

Cute sweater! I wish I had an ounce of your creativity.

• 20 Jean // Nov 3, 2008 at 9:26 am

What was that you were eating? It looked healthy!

• 21 FP // Nov 3, 2008 at 9:29 am

Again, you guys are so nice.
    Timothy–I don’t have iLife, either. In fact, I have no idea what it is. BUT, I shall look it up in just a moment.

Jean–It’s Progresso Lentil Soup. Sometimes I stir in a bit of sour cream, but yesterday was an oyster cracker day.

EDITED TO ADD: I do! I DO have iLife. I suppose it came with the Mac. I could have been changing the world over here, and I had No Idea. Thanks for the spark!

• 22 Amy in KC // Nov 3, 2008 at 10:01 am

I am also in love with the new sleeveless sweater trend this year! And because I am Totally On Board (meaning spending my money on them) I am hoping this trend sticks around awhile.

I didn’t realize until just now that I am too late to join NaBloPoMo. Maybe that’s okay.

• 23 Suzie // Nov 3, 2008 at 11:20 am

Dude, do you really knit that fast, or was that a trick o’ the camera!?

• 24 violetkey // Nov 3, 2008 at 1:35 pm

LOL, the best part is when you almost spill the soup and try not to laugh.

• 25 cakehouse // Nov 3, 2008 at 2:03 pm

that was awesome. and i need that sweater.

• 26 Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah // Nov 3, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Look out! The soup looks hot!

• 27 Cassie // Nov 3, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Hello there,

LOVE your blog! I will make it short & sweet. I am interested in advertising on it with a link on the sidebar.

Please let me know if you might be interested. If we can come to a fair price, I will pre-pay for 1 year.

Many thanks, cheers!

All the best,
    Cassie

• 28 Dixie // Nov 3, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Oh my goodness…that really was so sweet, that little thing you do with your mouth when you open the tea bag.

Look at you holding your yarn all properly. Your eyes would roll back in your head if you saw how I hold the yarn when I knit.

You made my whole day. Must go watch the video again because I may be obsessed with it, but certainly not in a creepy way.

• 29 whoorl // Nov 3, 2008 at 7:53 pm

That was perfect. More FP videos!

• 30 Rhi // Nov 3, 2008 at 9:48 pm

I just really like you.

Also, Tazo is from Portland.

• 31 Susan // Nov 4, 2008 at 3:05 pm

I’m in awe of how fast you knit! Like Dixie, you’d probably have a cow if you saw how I hold my needles when knitting.

• 32 onthecurb // Nov 10, 2008 at 7:58 pm

(i change my name every time i leave a comment here, i think…i don’t know who want to be…i’m so lost)

I don’t know how I missed this. I LOVE it! So endearing. It has a Charlie Chaplin feel. Maybe you could wear a mustache next time?

You are adorable. And, I mean that in the least creepy blogger non-stalker way.