This morning Harper and I dropped Meredith off at her Oil Pastels class and then headed over to Hobby Lobby to buy sketch books, colored pencils, and rubber bands. It seems that the girls are suddenly itching to spend all of their free time drawing fruits and animals, and I’m totally buying into it. (They’re also intrigued with the idea of rubber band balls. We’re going to make one. A big one. Suddenly, the summer break is ending, and we’re coming up with terrific ideas! Rubber band ball!)
This afternoon I went to the headache clinic for my annual follow-up. My migraines are totally under control, but that didn’t stop my doctor from asking me to pull down my skirt and show her my hip (??? !!!). Do you remember that whole cellulitis thing from nearly two stinking months ago? The migraine doc asked if it was gone. (Epic integrated software strikes again!) I answered with, “Mostly.” She answered with, “Mostly?” Blah, blah, blah, she says it’s not as Gone as it should be. (It LOOKS like a CATERPILLAR!) BUT, my blood pressure is 98/64, even with my skirt pulled down to my knees in the headache clinic! In other words, I win. Rubber band ball!
This is what I’m into right now:
1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest—I’m hooked and completely bummed that the author is dead.
2. Fresh mozzarella with tomatoes from my Dad’s garden, basil from my front porch, and balsamic vinegar and sea salt from Trader Joe’s. “This combination is the only thing I’ll miss about the summer,” said the girl who will actually miss LOTS of things about the summer. Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind and so forth! Sing it!
3. Crocheted food. Dear Lord. I really need to learn how to read a crochet pattern. You see, I have a funny feeling that at least one of you would totally dig a plate of crocheted breakfast food. And if I could be your supplier? Oh, happy day!
4. Smoked almonds. They provide the taste of bacon when I am Without. (I’ve been meat free for a total of 36 days, give or take one terribly cunning pulled pork sandwich.)
5. Meaghan Smith. Who knew scratching could be so lovely?
I’m going to have a Laughing Cow in my side bar for six months, and you know what that means. I’m giving money away! Come over here, tell me a funny workout story, and you could win $150!