We went to a baby shower on Saturday evening, and it was possibly the best baby shower ever.
What Made The Baby Shower A Great Baby Shower:
1. It was held in a cafe that featured 40 different types of desserts.
2. Free flowing hummus with vegetables and pita chips. Honestly: All You Can Eat, and it was probably the best hummus I’ve had. (I’ve had lots of hummus. You know it’s true.)
3. No games. NO GAMES! No guessing how many squares of toilet paper it would take to wrap around the new mom’s belly. No avoiding saying the word “Baby” in order to win a prize. No games!
4. Everyone received a salad that held candied pecans and cranberries.
5. My kids joined me and they’re finally at the age where they can sit down and enjoy themselves without fighting or screaming about how bored they are.
Before we left for the shower, Harper walked in wearing a really cute pink plaid shirt.
Me: That’s a really cute shirt.
Harper: Meredith said I should take it off.
Harper: Meredith said that a sure-fire way to make a bad impression is to wear a plaid shirt to a baby shower.
(She wore the shirt, and to my knowledge, no one judged her.)
During the shower, I told Harper that eating this mint will put a baby in her belly. She believed me.