Sidney. Bono. Yoda. Apples.

October 2nd, 2010 · 18 Comments · Crazy Cat Lady, Daily, Just asking, Will it make me sick?

Sidney and Bono

Jeff and I were watching a documentary about U2.

Sidney began to mimic Bono’s posture.

We all laughed and laughed.

(All of this to ask: Do you have a favorite variety of apple? I just did a side by side comparison of SweeTango and Honeycrisp, and SweeTango was definitely the winner. I know at least three people who would slap me for saying such a thing, but look at me. I just said it.)
———————————
You are cordially invited to admire my senior photo from high school and take a chance at winning $150!

Please read about my extraordinary family, and follow the links to win all sorts of prizes!

• 1 Amy in KC // Oct 2, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Definitely Jonathan.

• 2 Nichole // Oct 2, 2010 at 3:48 pm

We bought a ton of apples today, and I think my favorite was the Suncrisp Golden. It tastes just as the name suggests it would.

• 3 Sidney. Bono. Yoda. Apples. | They Move in Mysterious Ways // Oct 2, 2010 at 4:12 pm

[…] is the original post: Sidney. Bono. Yoda. Apples. Related Posts:Sidney. Bono. Yoda. Apples. Sidney began to mimic Bono's posture. We all laughed and […]

• 4 marianne // Oct 2, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I love Honeycrisp but haven’t seen a SweeTango. I’ll keep my eyes open.

• 5 Sherry // Oct 2, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Honeycrisps WISH they were Sweetangos!

• 6 Mitzi // Oct 2, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Pink Lady.

• 7 Alyce // Oct 3, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Honeycrisp is my favorite, but maybe that’s because I’ve never heard of or tasted a SweeTango. Wherever did you find them?

• 8 elsimom // Oct 3, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I just made apple oatmeal bread! Used Regent and Connell Read. Don’t know how the taste or texture will be – but it sure does smell good. I just love the honeycrisp texture so much that I don’t know if anything else can compete. But I did like the SweeTango flavor……

• 9 betsy // Oct 3, 2010 at 8:40 pm

we’re fond of Galas around here, which are small, complex and slightly tart. It’s not very ‘foodie’ of me, but I dearly love Granny Smiths.

• 10 Kris // Oct 3, 2010 at 10:15 pm

For some reason I never fell IN LOVE with honeycrisp. I like Macoun.

• 11 Natalie // Oct 3, 2010 at 10:36 pm

pink ladies

• 12 Mykal // Oct 4, 2010 at 8:37 am

Empire! With Cortlands taking a close second. Combine half empires, half cortlands and you will have the best applesauce on the planet.

• 13 Rhi // Oct 4, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I prefer Pink Lady.

Side note: The other day, the checker at the Fred Meyer, when ringing up my Pink Ladies said to me, “They have just got to stop engineering all this new fruit.” I had no idea that apples were new.

• 14 beyond // Oct 4, 2010 at 9:46 pm

love honeycrisp. at the farmer’s market in manhattan they cost a fortune. have never heard of sweetango, and will not rest until i taste one. i guess sweetango stands for sweet and tangy?

• 15 You can call me, 'Sir' // Oct 5, 2010 at 8:18 am

I’ve never even heard of SweetTangos, but I will say that I made sangria this past weekend using Honeycrisp apples, which turned out amazing and means that I now have a committed relationship to them.

• 16 Jane // Oct 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm

SweeTangos are awesome, like a HoneyCrisp, but with extra “spice,” or something. I can’t identify the flavor, so I have to keep testing. That’s the reason no one else in the family has had the opportunity to do more than admire it.

• 17 joaaanna // Oct 6, 2010 at 9:02 am

I will now be seeking the SweeTango. I just cannot imagine anything better than a HoneyCrisp. I accept the challenge.

• 18 Jane // Oct 6, 2010 at 9:38 am

Dierbergs is the only place I’ve seen them, as yet.