Monday has been cancelled.*

November 21st, 2016 · 8 Comments · Daily

I had beautiful plans for the day that included spending 90 minutes audiobooking in the car and visiting with my nephew, but I woke up with a migraine and none of my pills could shake it. SO, I spent the day on the couch with Scout as my headrest.

Untitled

Henry made frequent visits to press his head into my thigh because “Is it time to eat yet? Is it time? Now? How about now?”

Untitled

I did manage to add a six row section to the cowl, which I believe is nearly halfway finished.

Untitled

This evening will include lots of hot tea and blackberries drizzled with pear honey from Half Crocked Chef. Fuzzy pajamas. Falling asleep as Colbert delivers his opening monologue. Having dreams that look something like this.

coupling copy

*From Grammarist: In American English, the verb cancel is usually inflected canceled and canceling—with one l. This is not a rule, however, and exceptions are easily found. In varieties of English from outside the U.S., including Canadian, British, and Australian English, cancelled and cancelling are the preferred spellings.

(I also prefer Grey to Gray.)

• 1 Carroll McNeill // Nov 21, 2016 at 6:46 pm

I can not BELIEVE that with all the effort you have put in to kicking that migraine habit, you’re still plagued by those things. Begone, Monday migraine, I say!!!

Also, Henry’s face!!!

• 2 suburbanmom2 // Nov 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Thanks for posting through the pain!

• 3 RzDrms // Nov 21, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Please don’t ever cancel the second “L.”

• 4 RzDrms // Nov 21, 2016 at 9:25 pm

(Also, have you heard about daith piercings for migraine relief?)

• 5 Millie // Nov 22, 2016 at 6:48 am

I had one last night. And there went all my plans for the evening. Today is better for me, hope it is better for you.

• 6 kmkat // Nov 22, 2016 at 12:08 pm

You should know that there is hope in your future.
    I attributed the great drop in my migraine occurrence to blood pressure meds and retirement until Elder Son The MD told me about this.

• 7 pharmgirl // Nov 22, 2016 at 9:47 pm

That FACE.

• 8 JessicaD // Nov 23, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Cancelled just looks right-er to me. Even if it is second best in American English. Massive migraine reduction for me after nerve decompression surgery (but massive recovery and side effects — not worth it unless migraines have taken over your life)… but I recently had to change medications for the migraines that I do still get — INJECTED imitrex has been a godsend. Worth a shot? (HAHAHAHAHAHA!) (Feel better.)