Tonight was Trunk or Treat at the girls’ school. To prepare, we signed up for a parking spot (#29! Because you’re only as old as you feel!), I hemmed Harper’s Sleeping Beauty dress, I purchased treats for 200 kids, I cleaned out the back of the car, and I carved a pumpkin. (I’m proud of my pumpkin. Full disclosure: Yes. I used a pattern.)
Because our neighbors are not very enthusiastic about Halloween, this is pretty much it for the girls. And they were a tiny bit excited.
Harper, as I mentioned earlier, is Sleeping Beauty. Meredith? Meredith is a Barbie Dancing Diva. Yes she is.
Sadly, I had No Idea how seriously some people are about Trunk or Treat.
Notes for next year:
- Bring more candy. (We left with three Tootsie Roll Pops to spare. That was a close one.)
- Make a Spooky Song CD (although Jeff’s last minute Tom Waits iPod blast was quite impressive).
- Hang streamers and/or garbage bags in the car.
- Bring a live camel.
- My Febreze giveaway ends on Tuesday.
- My Wonder® Bread (and $100 Visa gift card) giveaway ends on November 4th.
- My Samsung $200 Best Buy gift card giveaway ends on November 15th.