It appears that a baboon could possibly be on the loose in a nearby town, so I thought I would check in with you to let you know that although my garage door is closed, I’m secretly hoping for a baboon visit. Believe it or not, I have a banana in my purse. (I went to my mom’s colonoscopy this morning, and I didn’t have time to eat breakfast before I left the house. I bought a perfect bunch of bananas yesterday, so there you have it. Breakfast! By the time I got to the hospital the procedure was over (Damnit!), so I packed up my banana and joined my mom and dad for breakfast at a nearby restaurant. (I had an English muffin with blackberry jam! And a chai to go!)) Anyway, Baboon? It’s lunch time, and I Have a Safe Place for You.
The girls are currently attending their fourth day of school. I could sing songs about the first three days, but are you really interested in that? Here’s a ten second preview: Meredith was Monday’s Music MVP, and Harper has made a new friend named Keeley, who tends to purchase her lunch in the cafeteria instead of bringing it from home.
While the girls are away at school, it seems that I’ve been filling my time in the following ways:
1. Freelance. There have been a few bumps in the road, but it looks like Freelance and I are going to get along just fine.
2. I made a curried vegetable thing in the CrockPot. It wasn’t very good, but it felt healthy and smart. Carrots! Potatoes! Tomatoes! Chickpeas!
3. I mopped the bathroom floor, did several loads of laundry, and tried to draw myself eating a gyro.
4. I’m once again knitting on my Linden, and I’ve set the goal of wearing it this winter.
5. I noticed that many of my Facebook friends have wildly different views than me, and I’d like to see the world for once all standing hand in hand and hear them echo through the hills for peace throughout the land.
6. I bought the latest Sarah McLachlan CD, and this morning as I drank my chai while driving with the windows down (the threat of Wild Baboon had not yet been announced), Loving You is Easy came on and suddenly I had the perfect three minutes.
New Giveaway! Come over here, read about my disaster cake decorating experience, tell me a funny story, and you could win $150!